Recipe: Plant Based Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 C Oat flour
1 1/2 C All Purpose Flour (***Gluten Free Recommendation below)
2 t baking soda
1 t salt
1/2 C vegan butter
2 Bananas, mashed
3 T brown sugar
1 T sugar
1/3 C Applesauce
2 t Vanilla extract
1 bag Mini Chocolate Chips (We like Enjoy Life!)
1. Preheat your oven to 350*
2. In a large bowl place oat flour, AP four, baking soda, and salt. Whisk with a fork.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, mix vegan butter, bananas, brown sugar, sugar, applesauce, and vanilla.
4. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet ingredients.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Refrigerate the dough for about 20 minutes.
7. Spoon a large tablespoon of dough onto a parchment or silicone lined baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
8. Bake for about 11 minutes or until the edges start to turn golden brown.
***To make these gluten free, omit the AP flour and use all Oat flour. Total amount of oat flour used would be 3 cups. You may need to refrigerate the dough longer before baking!
****You can also sub another dry sweetener if you'd like! Like coconut sugar instead of brown sugar and monk fruit for the white sugar. We can use coconut because of an allergy! I've also had success with reducing or even eliminating the sugar all together. Obviously, the cookies aren't as sweet, but they still get some sweetness from the bananas, applesauce, and chocolate chips. So play around with it and adjust to your liking :)