Updated: May 7
I love oatmeal! Well, oats in general. They are super healthy for you! Full of fiber, more specifically soluble fiber. . They have even shown that they can help lower cholesterol, and reduce your risk of colorectal cancer. Oats are also full of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Steel cut oats are the least processed oat, and considered to be the healthiest form by some, but they aren't usually the most convenient to cook. So, this is how I do it! It's easy and relatively quick:
2 cups of steel cut oats
6 cups of water
1 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
1. Add your oats and water to your Instant Pot.
2. Place the lid on with the vent closed.
3. Push the manual button and set your timer for 4 minutes. It will take longer than 4 minutes to complete the oatmeal because the pressure has to build in the pot first.
4. Once the timer sounds when the 4 minutes of cook time is up, Let the oats sit for 20-30 minutes with the lid on. The Instant Pot should automatically switch to the warming setting.
5. Once the 20-30 minutes is up, carefully open the lid to the Instant Pot. You'll notice that there is a thick water on top of the oats. Just stir that in. Now you have perfect steel cut oats!
1. Top with fresh fruit like berries, banana, or apples. Even dried fruits can be good too.
2. Top with nuts and seeds for extra nutrients.
3. Make an easy berry compote! You can put some frozen berries in a small saucepan with some lemon juice and a little dry sweetener (I like monkfruit). Then, just boil it down over medium high heat.
4. You can even make savory oats with things like kale, mushrooms, and peppers!
*** One of my favorite topping combinations is apple, maple syrup, walnuts, and raisins.